Inspire

Inspire

Friday, April 1, 2011

White. Blanco. Weiss. Blanche. Bianco.

I've been taken into custody.   I was handcuffed and interrogated for my undying loyalty to the "it's actually not a color" color.  I'm in a dark dingy room smelling of color confessions and debilitated individualism.  But not to worry, I'm as calm as can be.  I will not be bullied for my love of the vacant, vast empty beauty that is WHITE.  Instead I embrace it, wrap my arms around it and boldly stand against those who believe that white is.....dare I say it....... boring.  Boring.....I have tried to rid this word from my vocabulary for years.  How could white be boring?  How could any color be boring for that matter?  I even stand behind Maroon.  I have too.  I will not discriminate against any color, even if it does in fact remind me of silk pajama pants....and not in a good way.   Of course this is strictly a matter of opinion and to those who are Maroon groupies I do thoroughly apologize.  And since we are on the subject of apologies and color I would like to take a moment and also apologize to all the poor souls who were subjected to my chestnut brown hair color choice circa 2007.  I realize now, my pale skin is NOT a canvas for experimental dark hair dye.  Now back to the subject at hand......WHITE.  I was inspired to write this post based on my impatience for spring and  of course all the things that make living worth while such as..... warmth, margaritas, sundresses, fresh tomatoes, happiness, sun and swimming pools.....not the indoor kind.....they just aren't the same so to my peanut gallery, stop telling me that I can enjoy swimming in the winter time please, I can't, it's impossible.  White is such a a representation of the seasons that I look forward to.  It is a fabulous way to bring life to a room that has been hibernating all winter.  The coffee stains and thick blankets somehow find their way into hiding, windows are opened and out comes that brilliant crisp and clean color.  So put your dark room away, hide the key and bring out the BLANCO!  Enjoy.

















1 comment:

  1. Great post as usual! You should see my friend Stephen's apt. It is almost all white!

    ReplyDelete