Inspire

Inspire

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Gray walls and Gusts of wind.

I've had this dream.  It's reoccurring.  The best way to describe it is a gust of wind, blowing in circles, twisting and twirling images, thoughts, ideas, passion, creativity to and from, which way and that.  It's a beautiful color this dream, for as radical and chaotic, it calms me.  Like any one's ideas and dreams, at times, it is more prevalent than others.....today it is a tornado.  My dream is to have a business.  To own something.  Something creative.  Something that would speak to me, to the public, to anyone and everyone.  I have imagined the space.  I've imagined deep gray walls and long shelves holding pieces of pottery, vases, pillows and bed linens.  I have pictured the wooden tables allowing photography and design books to be mis matched and stacked high.  I have pictured my sister and uncles paintings on the walls and other talented local artists.  I have pictured old  glass cases showcasing my friends jewelry that I love so much.  I see lamps with patterned shades and curtains with boho chic prints dripping off the walls like honey.  Thoughts of consumers, my consumers, walking over Hyde rugs and holding up of one of kind dishes to picture their table scapes.  I hear old vinyl records of artists like Bob Dylan, Joni Mitchell and Led Zeppelin echoing off those gorgeous gray walls.  And I have pictured myself, standing in the midst of it all,.....happy.

Now, for some gray wall inspiration I found.......





1 comment:

  1. I would be honored to paint something for your store. This blog is the beginning... the second step toward fulfilling that dream. The first was the concept, the idea... and you've got that down.

    ReplyDelete