Inspire

Inspire

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Photographs and weekend laziness

Weekend.  What a great word.  I've decided to be extremely productive this weekend.  Now productive is a relative term in the world of me.  But my intentions are good, so that's what really matters right?  The procrastination demon will McGuyver it's way into my brain, setting up permanent camp. This typically happens when i'm drinking my coffee, enjoying the paper and completely relaxed.  "Hey, why don't I just stay in for the day.  I have a million design magazines and nick knacks to look at, or I could just stare at the wall and think about all the things I could be doing"  Yep, it happens more often than not, but not this weekend.  This weekend I will march the picket line of productivity and stand firm against procrastination and weekend laziness. What is on the agenda you ask?  I will parooze antique stores, I will find linens I can't live without, I will buy a wine decanter that I don't really need but need because it's gorgeous. But most importantly, this weekend marks the beginning of a new creative adventure.  I was given an old 35 MM camera from my sister, who I often mention in my posts.  She is the cheese to my macaroni when it comes to pushing my creative juices and has always supported my artistic ideas and adventures.  So, by giving me the camera, she in turn is expecting some results.  I have always loved photography.  I think it is such an amazing expression.  Mainly because it captures moments that are real. The heart beating, inhale exhale moments in life.  It captures emotion that you can't manipulate.  It's there, it's real, and it's beautiful.  I am typically inspired most by photographs of people.  Their faces.  The lines, the wrinkles, the crows feet, the pours, the eyes.....glaring with some kind of desire or, some, none at all.  It's an interesting thing when a photographer can capture someone's emptiness.  I also enjoy the idea, like any form of expression, that it's endless.  The possibilities.  I love flamboyance in any form, photography can capture that so distinctly.
So, now it is my turn.  Have I dabbled in photography before?  Yes.  Do I feel that I have an eye, a natural view of the world through a lens, no.  But, who cares.  I used to care, but I don't anymore.  I don't care if it's good.  I enjoy it so why not?  That would be my Buddha on the mountain advice to anyone seeking a creative outlet.  Who cares if it sucks.  Let it suck!  Let it be horribly fabulous.  Because in my opinion, anyone who has the courage to put it out there has the soul of the artist.

Friends, family, acquaintances who put it all on the line, move past the fear and believe in that beautiful artist soul of theirs.  I feel lucky to be surrounded by so much talent......
http://www.markfernkas.com/

http://www.carriehaasejewelry.com/

http://chrisragalie.info/

http://dolangeiman.com/



Love this.  I really enjoy native american inspired photography.  The colors of their culture are so rich.....even in black and white.


1 comment:

  1. "who cares if it sucks? let it suck!" - that is awesome, I love it!

    ReplyDelete